Student Guidelines for Attending Athletic Games
Parents: Please read these guidelines!
September 27, 2012
We are having a little trouble and need the help and support of our parents and significant other adults! Every year when our high school and junior high athletic events begin we seem to have some kids who come to the games and have no intention of watching the game! They come to play! Normally, that would not be a problem; however, during these contests most of us are busy with extra duties either directly involving the game itself and/or helping out the athletic booster club in the concession stand. We are not available to monitor children playing on the playground, the practice field and/or in the gymnasium.
Over the years we have been very fortunate that we have not had someone seriously injured while playing one of these pickup games and we want to keep it that way! Therefore, we are having to initiate some guidelines specifically for the safety and welfare of our students. We ask that parents and significant other adults who bring a child under the age of 12 keep them with you at all times. They are welcome to play on the playground equipment as long as you are supervising them! We want them to come and enjoy the Bobcat and LadyCat games, but we want to keep them safe from injury.
Student Guidelines for Attending Newcastle ISD Activities
- Students must pay admission to attend extra-curricular activities. Failure to pay will result in being sent home.
- Students under age 12 must be accompanied by a parent or a designated adult.
- Parents will be in charge of monitoring their child’s safety and well being on the playground or other areas for all extra-curricular or after school activities.
- First offense for students on the playground, practice field, gymnasium, etc without their parent or designated adult will be asked to return to their parent or designated adult.
- Additional failure to follow the rules will result in dismissal from the activity, possible prohibition from attending future activities and further disciplinary action, as deemed necessary.